> On May 25, 2017, at 1:38 PM, Jesse 1 Robinson <jesse1.robin...@sce.com> wrote:
>
> (Projecting my voice to Kiribati.) I took the keenest interest in the
> televised Y2K celebration Down Under, many hours before a similar fate would
> befall the US Left Coast. The lights stayed on in Sydney. No objects fell
> from the sky. No panic or chaos ensued. It was a great comfort as I took a
> peaceful nap in preparation for my midnight shift in the data center.
>
> .
> .
> J.O.Skip Robinson
> Southern California Edison Company
> Electric Dragon Team Paddler
> SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
> 323-715-0595 Mobile
> 626-543-6132 Office ⇐=== NEW
> robin...@sce.com <mailto:robin...@sce.com>

Skip:
The company I was working for at the time was ill prepared for Y2K.
Somehow they did get through it but I think it was more of dumb luck than
anything they did.
They thought they were prepared by going out and buying a new computer but
didn’t want to buy a COBOL compiler (they thought they could just run their
current one which was 6-9 years out of date. They did recognize that their
stupid in house security package was obsolete and went RACF but they fought
every penny spent. How foolish.
Ed