Tom Brennan wrote:
>I agree #2 and #3 are really important, but I think Allan was talking
>about #1.

I think #1 is *also* important! But #1 isn't sufficient for the required
outcome.

I try to focus on outcomes first. Unfortunately, in this particular case,
no matter what a vendor does -- and the vendors including IBM should do
better! (#1) -- they cannot assure the outcomes mission critical customers
require. Those mission critical customers (almost all of you) have some
role to play, too, including #3.

So please take advantage of IBM Knowledge Center for z/OS and/or other
contingencies. And yes, by all means, make sure IBM officially knows what
you need that IBM can accomplish. But...have a contingency (or a couple),
too.

Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:
>Many many years ago I could not submit my SCRT in time! Why? IBM was
>unavailable. Really!

In most countries there is now dual pathing (to some degree anyway, since
they're both Internet dependent) to submit SCRT reports: LMS Web and LMS
eMail. IETF RFC 1149 compliant submission of SCRT reports is not yet
available, as far as I know. There are also the "force majeure" situations,
yes.

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM z Systems, AP/GCG/MEA
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com