>>Is there a DFSORT or ICETOOL statement where the output contains headers
plus a line saying 'No selected records found' if nothing selected is
found?

Elardus,

It can be done , however I need a few more details.

1. How are you selecting the data? (using INCLUDE/OMIT COND or OUTFIL
INCLUDE/OMIT ?)
2. What is the LRECL and RECFM of the dataset?
3. Does the header already exist in the input file and is it the first 2
records in the file? or can this be generated?

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation