Sri h Kolusu wrote:

>>>Is there a DFSORT or ICETOOL statement where the output contains headers
>>>plus a line saying 'No selected records found' if nothing selected is found?

>It can be done , however I need a few more details.

First thing first, many thanks for offering help.

>1. How are you selecting the data? (using INCLUDE/OMIT COND or OUTFIL
>INCLUDE/OMIT ?)

I am mostly using ICETOOL with both these two sets of statements or only with
one, like this example with INCLUDE COND:

(PS - fields with @ are replaced by actual contents)

SORT    FROM(INDD) TO(TEMP0003) USING(REST)
DISPLAY FROM(TEMP0003) LIST(PRINT3R) -
        NOCC          -
        WIDTH(500)    -
        BETWEEN(2)    -
        TITLE('@PREFIX - @SYSTM: Active Ids') -
        DATE(4MD/)    -
        TIME(24:)     -
        PAGE          -
        BLANK         -
        ON(NUM,N05)   HEADER('NR')           -
        ON(10,8,CH)   HEADER('User id')      -
        ON(79,20,CH)  HEADER('User Name')    -
        ON(100,8,CH)  HEADER('Dflt Group')   -
        ON(19,10,CH)  HEADER('Created')      -
        ON(118,10,CH) HEADER('Last Used')

OCCUR  FROM(TEMP0003) LIST(PRINT3T) -
       NOCC                         -
       WIDTH(500)                   -
       ON(78,1,CH)  HEADER('Active Ids') -
       ON(VALCNT,N05)   HEADER('Count')

//RESTCNTL   DD *
 SORT FIELDS=(10,8,CH,A)
 INCLUDE COND=(5,4,CH,EQ,C'0200',AND,
               54,4,CH,NE,C'YES ',AND,
               118,10,CH,NE,C'          ',AND,
               118,10,CH,NE,19,10,CH,AND,
               100,8,CH,EQ,C'@GROEP',AND,
               10,3,CH,EQ,C'@PREFIX')

With these ICETOOL statements, when there is nothing I get this lame output:

********************************* Top of Data *****************
XYZ - SYSTEM: Active Ids        2017/05/31        13:37:55

    NR  User id   User Name             Dflt Group  Created
------  --------  --------------------  ----------  ----------
Active Ids    Count
----------   ------
******************************** Bottom of Data ***************

... resulting in unneeded queries from reviewers of these reports.

>2. What is the LRECL and RECFM of the dataset?

It should not matter, but output is generally LRECL=500 and RECFM=FB (see NOCC
in above example)
Input for this specific example is a RACF Unloaded DB. RECFM=VB, LRECL=4096.

I am also using SMF unloaded dataset from IRRADU00 (LRECL=12288, RECFM=VB) as
well other SMF data and other datasets.

>3. Does the header already exist in the input file and is it the first 2
>records in the file? or can this be generated?

No. I prefer raw data without headers as input, so I can add headers at a later
stage like this ICETOOL example above or simply omit headers for sending over
as a CSV file.

Many thanks again!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht