First off, I would like to say I am not an HSM expert, I am supporting HSM
while a coworker is on medical leave.  The company is looking to eliminate tape
from the environment and I would like to know the best (or perhaps only) way to
move HSM automatic backup from tape to disk.  My feeling is we need to obtain
the disk space needed well ahead of the elimination of tape, then set backups
to go to disk instead of tape, and just let the tape backups drop off through
attrition.  There are some backups that we keep up to 200 days.  Any other
ideas?  This is z/OS 2.2.
Thanks -- Bob Heffner