From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:14 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: HSM Backup to Disk

Note:  We have found using a VTS (Virtual Tape System) - any hardware vendor -
works very well.  The device is a little DASD farm on the inside and our
BACKUPs and MIGRATION datasets are super-fast to retrieve

Expansion on point 2:  You may need more DASD than you did TAPE.  I think with
TAPE the BACKUP datasets are stacked.  When you write to DASD - I think they
become individual dataset and may require more room

Lizette