From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tony Harminc
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 7:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How to call VS COBOL II RES program from COBOL V5.2-enabled
assembler?

On 30 May 2017 at 20:44, Farley, Peter x23353 <peter.far...@broadridge.com>
wrote:
> I can call the VS COBOL II RES program multiple times if I first LOAD
> and call IGZERRE once (the LE version from CEE.SCEERUN), but using
> IGZERRE and CEEPIPI together is not allowed either according to the migration
> guide (cannot establish 2 different COBOL environments at the same time in
> the same LE enclave, which makes sense to me).

I'm unclear - are these old and new programs COBOL *main* programs or
subroutines? They sound like main programs, but...

I'm speculating here - never tried it, but if you are desperate... If you use
CEEPIPI init_main_dp for the new COBOL environment, will it complain that there
is already an active LE environment? What if you call CEEPIPI init_main_dp
first, and then IGZERRE? In other words how does LE know (and why does it care
in the PIPI case) that you have another environment active?

Tony H.

attachments from your system.