I am not unix or xml savvy.  So any guidance will be appreciated.

I was supplied with an xml file to use to install a product.  When it runs it
fails with the following error message.  This is done on the mainframe in the
OMVS function.

SEVERE: java.text.ParseException: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: An
invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x4c) was found in the prolog of the document.

the first few lines of the XML are:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Metadata>
  <Group Id="$group:1" Name="SAS Plan File for Company Name" Desc="">
    <Properties>
      <Property Id="$grpprop:1" Name="AsOfDate" DefaultValue="2017-02-22" />
      <Property Id="$grpprop:2" Name="ConfigDirectory" DefaultValue="Config" />

it is very long xml, over 3600 lines of code.

I am thinking it may have something to do with the code page for my PC or maybe
the CUNI for LE.  Not sure.

Also, when I have the xml on my PC it looks fine, when I transferred it up to
the mainframe it looked wrapped.  Should it be more line items or wrapped for
it to work?  Just curious.  It was suggested to go into wordpad and then save
it.  Then the wrap on the mainframe would be more line items (code).  Does that
create any issues?

So any thoughts?

Thanks

Lizette