From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Roach, Dennis
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 8:12 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: common storage usage question

Things to consider
SQA can expand into CSA but not the other way around.
You need enough SQA to get up and running.
I would have no issue with trying half of the existing SQA

CSA has become pretty stable, with most of the growth in ECSA.
With this in mind, I would feel comfortable reducing CSA by as much as 25% to
start.

Have you moved UCBs above the line?
Look at other MVS areas that are optionally movable.

Dennis Roach, CISSP, PMP
AIG

IAM Platform Administration | Identity & Access Management

2929 Allen Parkway, America Building, 3rd Floor | Houston, TX 77019
Phone:  713-831-8799

dennis.ro...@aig.com | www.aig.com