On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 14:11:39 +0000, Pommier, Rex wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Curiosity question.  Due to some storage issues we've had
>recently with old 24 bit programs, I am revisiting our common
>storage configuration - CSA and SQA.  Taking fragmentation
>into account, it appears that I'm using about 38% of my
>allocated SQA and about 46% of my allocated CSA.  So I'm
>wondering if anybody has a good feel as to what a "good"
>percentage of used versus allocated space for these areas is.
>How low can I safely go in free space in these areas if we
>decide we want to try to eke out an additional MB of
>below-the-line private?  Our current private size is 11MB.

I'll turn your question around, and maybe it will help you decide.

Assuming that you are not able to get below the line relief by
moving UCBs or anything else, remember that you can only
change CSA+SQA in increments of 1MB.

If you reduce CSA+SQA by 1MB, how much room does that leave
you for CSA/SQA growth? What if you reduce it by 2MB? Is that
even possible?

--
Tom Marchant