On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 7:10 AM, David Crayford <dcrayf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29/07/2017 10:03 AM, Timothy Sipples wrote:
>
>> David Crayford wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure about that for Windows desktop OSs. AFAIK it's only
>>> recently been a feature of Windows 10 since Windows 10 Pro (Version
>>> 10.0.14393 and above) as mentioned in the blog.
>>>
>> Everyone is correct. :-)
>>

> Regardless of the version of Windows it's a hell of a lot more difficult
> to mount a NFS network drive compared to SMB.

​I'd bet that is because MS simply hasn't bothered to integrate NFS into
the basic portion of Windows, as opposed to SMB which is it's "native" way
to do disk sharing. And it's not just Windows, I've had my own ​fights
using NFS between z/OS 1.12 and Linux (Fedora). I can't talk to other
versions of z/OS because I don't really have access to a current version
upon which I can try NFS.

--
Veni, Vidi, VISA: I came, I saw, I did a little shopping.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown