On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 08:10:53 -0500 Giliad Wilf
<000000d50942efa9-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

:>On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 06:41:04 -0500, John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
wrote:
:>
:>>I'm probably not really understanding what you want to do. So I'll give a
:>>try at an alternate explanation for what I _think_ you want. You have a
:>>"test" version of a program, call it TESTPGM, in your production PDSE. This
:>>is a test version of PRODPGM in the same PDSE. You have another program,
:>>MAINPGM, which invokes PRODPGM. You want MAINPGM to invoke TESTPGM instead,
:>>without any changes to MAINPGM. You are running MAINPGM inside some sort of
:>>debugger. You debugger can "dynamically rename" TESTPGM to PRODPGM by using
:>>the IEWBLODI. I am wondering why you can't simply do a LOAD on  TESTPGM,
:>>then use and IDENTIFY to create a CDE for the name PRODPGM using the EPA
:>>for TESTPGM which you can get from the LOAD. Something akin to:
:>>
:>>  LOAD EPLOC=NEWNAME
:>>  ST   0,NEWEPA SAME ENTRY POINT
:>>  LR   1,0 LOAD EPA TO GPR1
:>>  IDENTIFY EPLOC=OLDNAME,ENTRY=(1)
:>>
:>>Note, that I'm going mainly off of memory, so please excuse any errors in
:>>the above.
:>>
:>>--
:>>Veni, Vidi, VISA: I came, I saw, I did a little shopping.
:>>
:>>Maranatha! <><
:>>John McKown
:>
:>You got it right.
:>I need to further analyze the source to find out what else was IEWBLODI
supposed to do there.

It builds the module in memory without requiring it to be hardened to disk.

http://www.dissensoftware.com