On 10 August 2017 at 08:05, Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> And the resulting IEW2678S makes sense in that context, because there
> is nowhere known to IEWBLODI for the deferred classes to be loaded
> from. So asking IBM to support deferred classes in IEWBLODI (or
> IEWBLOAD, which is the same thing except without the IDENTIFY), makes
> little sense. What might make sense would be an option on these two
> functions to force all deferred classes to be loaded at the same time
> as the non-deferred ones.
> </snip>
>
> I'd have actually said that there is nowhere known to IEWBLODI for the
> deferred classes to be
> loaded *to* (rather than *from*). It is LE that needs the instantiation of
> the C_WSA deferred class.
> And LE might need more than one of them, depending on the application.

Well, yes... I take your point, but I'm also not sure I'm wrong. When
I said "nowhere known to IEWBLODI for the deferred classes to be
loaded from", I was thinking that IEWBLODI takes input from
<wherever>, and builds an executable in storage. Other than having an
option to load all classes at that time (as I suggested), all IEWBLODI
could do would be to build some in-storage metadata along with the
ready-to-run executable, that would indicate where to load the
deferred classes *from* when the time comes. But because the
<wherever> that is the source of the executable code could be any
combination of PDS[E], Unix file, object deck(s), GOFF files, or even
data created dynamically by the invoker of IEWBLODI, there is no clear
place for this putative metadata to point to. I know nothing of how
the actual loading of deferred classes is triggered or implemented,
but <someone> has to know where to find them. And that's the *from* I
was talking about.

Tony H.