From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tracy Adams
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: simple questions on migrating to a new mastercat

So I am built a new master catalog for the 2.2 migration.  I have some sys1.
Datasets that live on various sms volumes that I want add catalog entries to in
my new mastcat.   If I just use IDCAMS define nonvsam I get a good entry but
there is no SMS information.  I can't use "recatalog" because the catalog names
are different.  Mergecat would move the entry and REPRO will copy all the junk
I want to leave behind.  What is the correct procedure to recreate an SMS
managed SYS1 dataset into a second MASTCAT?  TIA Tracy

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain CSX
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
intended addressee. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above CSX email address.
Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage caused directly or indirectly
by receipt of this email.