From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Charles Mills
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:13 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Can AMODE 31 C/C++ get a signal on a S0C1/4 in AMODE 64
assembler?

@Peter, thanks as always.

I had not noticed SPIEOVERRIDE. It would be a better approach than "remember
to turn off SPIE in LE."

There's not many AMODE 64 instructions -- basically load up a 64-bit pointer
and move the data below the bar. I wonder if perhaps FRR would be
appropriate. (Not a question for you; a question for me.)

There's little doubt about the behavior I saw, and in fact, I only set off
bit 31 in the SDWAPSW16, nothing else.

I'm on another problem at the moment but I will repeat the experiments for
sure at some point here.

         L     R3,SDWAXPAD       Load SDWA extension ptrs
         L     R4,SDWAXEME-SDWAPTRS(,R4)   Load ptr to 64-bit regs
         USING SDWARC4,R4
*
         NI    SDWAPSW16+3,X'FE'
*