On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 8:22 AM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

> This problem is still in flux and I have other priorities at this instant.
>
> But having kinda sorta said @Peter was wrong I wanted to get back here and
> say there is something going on that I do not understand.
>
> Yes, LE worked as desired when I set off the AMODE 64 bit as I wrote the
> below. But I also had it work as desired in one test yesterday when I did
> *not* set off that bit. So yes, perhaps setting off that bit is irrelevant
> and the success was coincidental.
>
> More research required. Something (in my code?) is having unintended side
> effects. Pretty simple code and hard to see what might be wrong, but that's
> what makes programming fun, right?

​Coming in out of far left field (as is my wont), the original message
mentioned S0C4 & S0C1 abends in your AMODE 64. Given that the best
exception is no exception, for the S0C4 case, perhaps validating your
addresses via VSMLOC could avoid the S0C4 in the first place. If the S0C4
is an true PIC 4 (attempt to store where you aren't allowed), perhaps
checking the key using IVSK would be helpful as well.​

--
Caution! The OP is an hyperpolysyllabicsesquipedalianist and this email may
cause stress to those with hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown