DST was started to save electric lighting costs.  But since the
introduction of Air Conditioning, DST often gets people home right at
the hottest part of the day, so A/Cs that were set to let the
temperature climb during the day kick in to cool down for occupancy
right when the demand is highest.  If we went with one hour later in
Summer the temps would have two hours to cool greatly lessening the
A/C load.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Steve Smith <sasd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Man, I'd love to use these to start a campaign called "DST Kills".
>
> But so far, only seems to affect bad guys. :-(
>
> sas
>
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Mike Schwab <mike.a.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Israel in 1999 switched early to standard time for pre-dawn prayers.
>> Palestinian bombers were still on DST and transporting bombs when they
>> went off, thinking they had another hour.
>>  http://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1999-38.html
>>
>>  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Summer_Time Oh, geeze, no define
>> rule since the Lunar Hebrew calendar gets quite out of sync with the
>> Gregorian Calendar, so a lot of last minute changes.
>>
>> And again in Ireland in 2014.
>>
>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/10739277/Device-exploded-in-bombers-face-after-he-forgot-about-clocks-changing.html

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA