From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of willie bunter
Sent: Friday, September 1, 2017 8:19 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: FTP JCL EXAMPLE

Good Day To All,

     I am trying to FTP a dsn of 90 cylinders from one MAINFRAME Lpar to
another.  The FTP function is unsuccessful because of a space abend.

Would anybody have an example of how to code the space parm in the FTP batch
job?

I thought about pre-allocation the dsn on the target LPAR.  This works however
because of other dsns which will be FTP'd, the size of the dsns are not known
because the application batch jobs are run overnight.

I looked at IBM KNOWLEDGE CENTER but I couldn't find anything that would
satisfy my  requirement.

Here is my batchjob.  Please note I blanked out the IP address.

//STEPFTP  EXEC PGM=FTP,REGION=4096K,TIME=5,
// PARM='1XX.1XX.XX.XXX
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//OUTPUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//INPUT      DD *