On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 10:19 AM, willie bunter <
0000001409bd2345-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> Good Day To All,
>
>      I am trying to FTP a dsn of 90 cylinders from one MAINFRAME Lpar to
> another.  The FTP function is unsuccessful because of a space abend.
>
> Would anybody have an example of how to code the space parm in the FTP
> batch job?
>
> I thought about pre-allocation the dsn on the target LPAR.  This works
> however because of other dsns which will be FTP'd, the size of the dsns are
> not known because the application batch jobs are run overnight.
>
> I looked at IBM KNOWLEDGE CENTER but I couldn't find anything that would
> satisfy my  requirement.
>
> Here is my batchjob.  Please note I blanked out the IP address.
>
> //STEPFTP  EXEC PGM=FTP,REGION=4096K,TIME=5,
> // PARM='1XX.1XX.XX.XXX
> //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
> //OUTPUT   DD SYSOUT=*
> //INPUT      DD *
>  O00070 PASSWORD

​QUOTE SITE PRI=20 SEC=20 CYL​

>  PUT 'O00070.OTTCAUDR.AUDITLOG' +
>       'O00070.OTTCAUDR.AUDITLOG'
>  QUIT
> /*
> //
>
> Thanks.

​The QUOTE SITE above is equivalent to SPACE=(CYL,(20,20))​. Of course,
this is a "hard coded" value which may be too large for some DSNs and not
large enough for others. If you need something which "dynamically adjusts"
the values, then you'll need to do more work. FTP itself cannot do this for
you.

--
Caution! The OP is an hyperpolysyllabicsesquipedalianist and this email may
cause stress to those with hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown