Need some guidance here

I have created a V5 zFS file that has EA/EF. The primary allocation is 2000
cylinders and the secondary is 5000 cylinders.

The application expects this file to grow to over 1TB in size.

An application using the zFS gets messages indicating the file is full.  But
from a LISTC it is not - it is 5GB in size and using 3GB

09:51:37 03SEP PR01 IOEZ00312I Dynamic growth of aggregate OMVS.MY.ZFS in
progress, (by user X

09:51:38 03SEP PR01 IOEZ00309I Aggregate OMVS.MY.ZFS. ZFS successfully
dynamically grown (by user X
09:51:38 03SEP PR01 IOEZ00078E zFS aggregate OMVS.MY.ZFS exceeds 95% full
(388000/391200) (WARNIN

3,178,496,000/3,204,710,400

I am not seeing an 2C3 abends (so far), I do not see any BPX messages (so far)

The Hi-U-RBA from LISTC matches the numbers in the IOEZ00078E message.

I checked throughout the day, the file seems to get a lot of the following
messages

     IOEZ00312I
     IOEZ00309I
     IOEZ00078E

So I am not sure why the zfs full is occurring.

   1) what is the impact of dynamic growth on zFS users?
     a) Does it cause an application to fail during growth
     b) are there other "cache" things in zFS I should be looking at?
   2) What other cache could impact a zFS application
      a) the V5 zFS file I created is at 5GB in size - I coded it with EXTENDED
EXT-ADDR ZFS
   3) What diagnostics can I use to determine why this application is having
issues?

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.  I am just not seeing a solution

Thanks

Lizette Koehler
statistics: A precise and logical method for stating a half-truth inaccurately