Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:

>Dyck, Lionel B. (TRA) wrote:
>>Any thoughts on how to get WinSCP or FileZilla to access z/OS datasets when
>>connected?
>>All I am able to get is access to the OMVS side of the system.

>You can use WinSCP to access z/OS datasets. I will post on Monday a sample
>batch job (in windoze) how to do that.

No FileZilla, since I could not use automated transfers in one or other way.

As promised, here is a generated Windows WinSCP script, I use to access a PS or
PO dataset's member:

For retrieving three members from two PDS datasets:

"C:\Program Files\WinSCP\WinSCP.com" ^
  /ini=nul ^
  /command ^
    "lcd C:\<folder>" ^
    "cd //HLQ1.<whatever>" ^
    "get <membername1>" ^
    "get <membername2>" ^
    "cd //HLQ2.<whatever>" ^
    "get <membername3>" ^
    "exit"

It is a PITA, but it is working. Transfer OMVS files is a dream. No problemo
there!

I still prefer the FTP process from Automation software on z/OS where you can
do on large scale mulitple FTP transfers while renaming destination files using
wildcards, timestamps, etc. like this:

put 'HLQ.%%YESTERDAY'  OUTPUT-%%YESTERDAY.TXT

It is hard to do the same tricks from a windoze machine...

Grab whatever utility you can use and live with that... ;-D

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht