On 7/09/2017 9:15 AM, Edward Gould wrote:
I think that we've finally got past that hang-up. PDSE is ready for prime time.
The PDSe outage brought the company to its knees. They do NOT want to see the
same thing happening again. All the higher up operating officers got their
hands slapped and not nicely either. They lost their bonuses and lost vacation
time and a few other things that I am not sure of so I won’t speculate.

I'm glad I don't work for a company who punish people for problems they we're not responsible for. If a PDSE problem really did bring your company to it's knees then your company probably needs to review it's procedures.

I know that there are some necessary PDSe’s but have hidden that fact from
them. My boss told me never to tell anyone that we have some.
I think is we ever had another outage for PDSe they would be out shopping for
another vendor and I wouldn’t blame them. I would leave if they ever tried to
bring in a replacement.
They are extremely weary of JAVA as well, I expect then to get over it in time,
but I am not going to push it.

Java is a word not an acronym.