On Aug 8, 2017 IBM announced they are withdrawing the following offerings:

SoftwareXcel Basic Edition (6942-77G)
SoftwareXcel Enterprise Edition (6942-77E)
Alert for zSeries (6942-16D)
Resolve for zSeries (6942-23D)

replacing them with:

z Systems Premier Software Care (6950-07W)
z Systems Premier Software Care - Alert and Resolve (6948-53Z)

We use SoftwareXcel Basic Edition today and our contract is up for renewal at the end of the year.

What scares me is IBM won't even tell us how much "z Systems Premier Software Care" will cost. That fear is fueled by the observation that the same replacement offering applies to both existing SoftwareXcel Basic Edition and Enterprise Edition customers! Yikes!!!

We're a small shop. We *really* don't want to be paying thousands every month just for the "privilege" of being able to report bugs with, and get fixes for, our non-Linux mainframe software. (IMHO such support ought to be included free as part of MLC and S&S payments, but that's a discussion for another day...) Currently, SoftwareXcel Basic is ~$300/mo per userid. We have only one...

Bracing for impact (not unlike some Floridians I know)...

--
Phoenix Software International
Edward E. Jaffe