On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 16:41:18 +0100, David W Noon wrote:

>I have added these strings to my code and the results are the same as
>yours. I suspect the rendering software does not handle CJK characters
>very well in Indo-European locales.

I'm calling it a font problem: The CJK characters display double-width,

>I am attaching the zip archive to this message as a fake text file.
>Rename it from Unicode_test.zip.txt to Unicode_test.zip and it should
>unzip in the usual manner. It contains a directory to hold all its
>files, so you can unzip it safely, without polluting another directory.
>
>There is a Makefile included that can build the source code using either
>GCC or CLANG using gmake. Those who use other C/C++ compilers will have
>to work out their own build sequence.

Fails for me with:

525 $ make
make: gcc-config: Command not found
make: gcc-config: Command not found
make: Warning: File 'Unicode_test.cpp' has modification time 19042 s in the
future
/g++ -o Unicode_test -pipe -std=gnu++14 -Wall -Wextra -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
Unicode_test.cpp -Wl,--as-needed,--strip-all
make: /g++: Command not found
Makefile:13: recipe for target 'Unicode_test' failed
make: *** [Unicode_test] Error 127

o I'm surprised that the fake text file survived network newline conversions.

o .zip is timezone-ignorant.

-- gil