On 9/11/2017 9:51 AM, Tom Conley wrote:

I signed on to my IBM id with the Jack-Squat service offering, and it brought up an SR.  Did not fill it out, so no idea what would happen....

FWIW, I told Mainline on Saturday that we would *not* be renewing our SoftwareXcel contract (it expires January 27). I want first-hand experience tryna get support for z/OS, z/VSE and z/VM without a SoftwareXcel/Software Care entitlement. (My technical contact over there said he would be "lost without IBMLink." Haha! We'll see if I am too!)

I already know what it's like having SoftwareXcel for 30 years, so I should be in a good position to observe if there are significant "gaps" in what we get for free vs the paid subscription.

No matter the outcome, it's gonna make a *great* SHARE Bit Bucket segment!!!!

--
Phoenix Software International
Edward E. Jaffe