University Computing Company (UCC), later known as UCCel. I think that DUO was UCC-2, TMS was UCC-1.

Mark Jacobs

Edward Gould <mailto:edgould1...@comcast.net>
September 13, 2017 at 3:41 PM
On Sep 13, 2017, at 12:11 PM, Peter Hunkeler<p...@gmx.ch>  wrote:

What modules do you want to reload? If that is in LPA and/or Linklist, you
better be careful before issuing commands to refresh them. Of course YMMV.
Well, the nucleus is the nucleus, LPA is the LPA, and the linklist is the
linklist. They are different beasts. The first two are different areas in the
virtual address space map, the third is noting but a list of data set to be
searched for load modules. The OP asked about dynamically updating the nucleus,
and this is nothing that MVS supports up to date.

--
Peter Hunkeler

Peter:
Long time ago and when MVS first came out, we used to do this quite often (once
a week). A product we had called DUO (DOS under MVS). DUO maintained a table in
the nucleus for which dos jobs were running. They had a bug in their code that
would not delete entries. We had to go in and blank out the job names that were
not running(so as not to have to IPL). We finally got tired of doing this and
wrote a program that did it.
Worked like a charm. They asked for the program and we were not in a good mood
so we said no. It took them a year to figure out how to do it.My memory is hazy
here but I think the degression was
“duo” ->  went to some company in Dallas? and then a year or two later CA
bought them out. By then we had gotten rid of all the jobs. One of the long time
contributors to IBM-Main used to work for the company if he hasn’t retired maybe
he could speak up?

Ed

Please be alert for any emails that may ask you for login information or
directs you to login via a link. If you believe this message is a phish or
aren't sure whether this message is trustworthy, please send the original
message as an attachment to 'phish...@timeinc.com'.

Peter Hunkeler <mailto:p...@gmx.ch>
September 13, 2017 at 1:11 PM

Well, the nucleus is the nucleus, LPA is the LPA, and the linklist is the linklist. They are different beasts. The first two are different areas in the virtual address space map, the third is noting but a list of data set to be searched for load modules. The OP asked about dynamically updating the nucleus, and this is nothing that MVS supports up to date.

--
Peter Hunkeler

Please be alert for any emails that may ask you for login information or directs you to login via a link. If you believe this message is a phish or aren't sure whether this message is trustworthy, please send the original message as an attachment to 'phish...@timeinc.com'.

Elardus Engelbrecht <mailto:elardus.engelbre...@sita.co.za>
September 13, 2017 at 8:43 AM

You better listen to Binyamin Dissen who kinldy replied to you.

What modules do you want to reload? If that is in LPA and/or Linklist, you better be careful before issuing commands to refresh them. Of course YMMV.

If these modules are SVC modules, I would recommend you to rather IPL.

But ask your ISV, they wrote the product and they certainly can assist you way better than IBM-MAIN.

If still unsure, put all your updated libraries on another set of volsers and IPL.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

Please be alert for any emails that may ask you for login information or directs you to login via a link. If you believe this message is a phish or aren't sure whether this message is trustworthy, please send the original message as an attachment to 'phish...@timeinc.com'.

--

Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service
Global Technology Services

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.
Lt. Gen. David Morrison