Hey,

I want to thank everyone who responded to my inquiring regarding the deletion
of VSAM files that were cataloged on volumes that no longer exist.  Allan
suggested using a simple "DEL 'entryname NSCR".  Well, it worked.  I was
including the "CLUSTER" parm which was prompting z/OS to access the VVDS.  I
specified the cluster name it worked like a charm.

Thankyou!

Bill

Hi Everyone,

I have encountered some VSAM catalog entries that are associated with a disk
volume that no longer exists.  I would imagine someone reinitialized the device
without first moving the datasets.  In this case, there is no physical device
and no VVDS.  I have made many attempts to remove the catalog entries but each
attempt results in an allocation of the missing device.  Has anyone
successfully removed VSAM catalog entries under these circumstances?

Thank you!

Bill