Thanks Scott.  So you do all of your source code editing on z/OS?  Do you use
GIT on z/OS for any of this?
________________________________
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
scott Ford <idfli...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:57 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: git, z/OS and COBOL

Frank:

We have a Develop Branch ...and when we put in a fix for example.
...1.  Created a GIT branch off Dev ..we have an internal fix number.
...2   My GIT Repo is on my ldaptop.
...3   I then upload either via FTP or IND$FILE to my Sandbox
...4   Make the changes on my Sandbox, compile, link and unit test
...5   when everything looks good, download source to my Laptop
...6   Commit the source
...7   Push the source
.. 8   When we merge after approval, this kicksoff our CI process
        which clones the source, does a complete build of our product ...
        All this is done with CI-Jenkins ...

HTH

Scott