From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mark Jacobs - Listserv
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:39 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: AEHTRIBMKC?

There are two kinds of fools. One says, “This is old, therefore it is good”;
the other says, “This is new, therefore it is better.”  -- William Ralph Inge

> John McKown <mailto:john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
> October 12, 2017 at 2:27 PM
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Allan Staller <allan.stal...@hcl.com>
> ​ But they are so __NEW__ and ... and ... ___SHINY___! They simply
> must be better. ​ And next week we will be premiering the new,
> chromed, hexagonal wheel! Made with nanotechnology for that quantum effect
> feeling!
>

> --
> I just child proofed my house.
> But the kids still manage to get in.
>

> Maranatha! <><
> John McKown

> Please be alert for any emails that may ask you for login information
> or directs you to login via a link. If you believe this message is a
> phish or aren't sure whether this message is trustworthy, please send
> the original message as an attachment to 'phish...@timeinc.com'.
>
> Allan Staller <mailto:allan.stal...@hcl.com> October 12, 2017 at 2:16
> PM The "new tools" are not as reliable, available, or functional as
> the tools they are replacing.
>
> Yitsha'CK HeyZeus <mailto:malve...@hallowed.gq> October 12, 2017 at
> 1:53 PM confession dat really him dat confession of me triratsirhc
>
> Twilight bver
>
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:52 PM Jack J. Woehr <j...@well.com> wrote:
>
> > Normal stupid question of the day: Anyone else having trouble
> > reaching IBM Knowledge Center?
> >
> > /Should have its own acronym, "AEHTRIBMKC?"/
> >
> > Today I am unable to reach the Knowledge Center from Firefox on Mac
> > and Ubuntu Linux, but I can reach it okay from Firefox on Windows 7.
> >
> > On the two failing platforms, the response is :
> >

> > Bad Request
> >
> > Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
> > Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
> >
> > Cookie

> > ----
> > IBM_HTTP_Server at www-01.ibm.com
> <http://www-01.ibm.com>
> <http://www-01.ibm.com
> <http://www-01.ibm.com>>
> Port 443
> >
> > --
> > Jack J. Woehr # Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way
> > of www.well.com/~jax
> <http://www.well.com/~jax> #
> thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the
> > universe
> > www.softwoehr.com
> <http://www.softwoehr.com> #
> with a fine understanding of human fallibility. -
> > Carl Sagan

> > -- For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
> > send email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO
> > IBM-MAIN

> Please be alert for any emails that may ask you for login information
> or directs you to login via a link. If you believe this message is a
> phish or aren't sure whether this message is trustworthy, please send
> the original message as an attachment to 'phish...@timeinc.com'.
>
> Jack J. Woehr <mailto:j...@well.com>
> [...]

Time Customer Service
Global Technology Services

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.
Lt. Gen. David Morrison

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
transmission. The e mail and its contents
(with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on
the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the
author and may not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written
consent of authorized representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
delete it and notify the sender immediately.
Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and
other defects.