On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 14:27:13 +0800, David Crayford wrote:
>
> >NetRexx can't be used in TSO/ISPF environments which is why it's not
> >popular on z/OS.
> >
> What's the obstacle (not to popularity, but to TSO toleration)?

​Well, the code will run as it would in a non-TSO batch step. But for
interactive TSO, it lacks the "ADDRESS TSO" capability of running TSO
commands (such as DELETE DSN). There is also no ADDRESS ISPEXEC or ADDRESS
ISREDIT for ISPF services. And, lastly, it also lacks the ADDRESS SYSCALL
environment for UNIX services. But for UNIX services, there may well be
some Java library which could be used instead. I'll need to consider the
possibility of looking at NetREXX again. I just don't like showing up on
the "large MSU users" report and telling my boss what I'm doing when it
doesn't really relate to company business.​

--
I just child proofed my house.
But the kids still manage to get in.

Maranatha! <><