> On 10/25/2017 10:35 PM, Edward Gould wrote:
>>
>> The real question should be is how is IBM support for RMM?
>
> I don't know in the general case, but anecdotally I once I had a situation
> where RMM was *DOWN* (SEV 1) abending at startup. The support folks on the
> other end seemed unable to glean much from the SVC dump I'd sent, so they
> asked a bunch of rudimentary questions, made one useless suggestion after
> another, asked for this and that trace, and generally "dinked" around until I
> was ready to pull my hair out. (We were dead in the water for a couple of
> days.)

All, I am not excusing IBM, but I have had similar issues with an OEM vendor
and it is frustrating and exasperating. I have had one vendor wanting to delve
into the listings of installation while the system was down.
After seeing that the session was going nowhere my mind started to go through
sequences (the product had worked fine for 5 years). I was listening to the
support person and looking what had changed on the system. My memory is iffy
here but I think a PTF had hit IEFW21SD. It turned out that the blankety blank
product interfaced. I told the guy that the mobile got hit by such and such PTF
. It went over his head. I asked again did you know about ptfxxxxxx? He said
why are you telling me this are you trying to confuse me? One last time I
reminded him of the dependancy. I said I would back out the PTF and expect a
call to his boss in the AM.
Its been ages but I do remember that the boss gave orders shortly thereafter to
find a replacement. We did and never had an issue with it.

Ed