On 10/27/2017 10:32 AM, John McKown wrote:
z/OSMF (which we don't run). I was more thinking of a Java package/library
which would run a TSO command in the invoker's address space..​

There are many ways to exfoliate a feline. This sorta thing has been my main interest for some years.

JTOpen on IBM i. SMAPI on z/VM. The VSE Java connector. OSMF.

These external APIs are there waiting to be more full exploited. It's a more fertile field than "just another language" native on the host.

--
Jack J. Woehr     # Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of
www.well.com/~jax # thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe