On 19 January 2018 at 10:43, Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:
> AMASPZAP is AC(1) and can do what it wants. However, the ability to zap an
> arbitrary CCHHR on a DASD volume is subject to SAF.

Sure. But in order to have SAF control over datasets, it must either
OPEN them "normally" or make its own SAF call(s) and then build a DEB
and so on. I would expect it to open things normally except in odd
cases like zapping a VTOC. That's why I'm surprised that it can zap a
VSAM component, which surely a normal OPEN with a DCB will fail on.

But who knows if this is old behaviour or if a whole lot was rewritten
when they did the PDSE support.

An interesting test would be to see if it will zap an HFS "PDS"
dataset, or for that matter a ZFS VSAM one.

Tony H.