Actually, that is how I first wrote it.

    25 *-* address LINKMVS "JOBZWAIT" wait_value
       >L>   "JOBZWAIT"
       >V>   "120"
       >O>   "JOBZWAIT 120"
       +++ RC(-3) +++

I changed it to the "variable name in the quotes" based on examples in the manual.

Tony Thigpen

Don Poitras wrote on 01/20/2018 10:14 PM:
In article <5a63ee29.7020...@vse2pdf.com> you wrote:
I am trying to get a SysRexx command to wait between several steps. I am
using the TSO=YES option on the AXREXX macro. The wait program is in the
LLA and does work. In batch, the program is used as:
//WAIT1    EXEC PGM=MPFZWAIT,PARM='120'
//SYSUDUMP DD   SYSOUT=*
//*
When I try to call it from a SysRexx program, it fails:
     22 *-* wait_value = 120
        >L>   "120"
     23 *-* address LINKMVS "JOBZWAIT wait_value"
        >L>   "JOBZWAIT wait_value"
While I write a lot of Rexx on VM, my expereance with Rexx on z/OS is
minimal, so I might be doing something really stupid.
Thoughts?
--
Tony Thigpen

Try: