On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 19:47:59 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>Slight clarification; appropriate in the sense that if the LINK and LINKMVS
>environments are available in  SysRexx  and if JOBZWAIT handles the documented
>parameter lists for those environments then those are the correct forms.

Note that LINKMVS provides the parameter list most similar to the classic OS
CALL.

Grrr.  SUBCOM is supposed to help here, but I read:
z/OS    IBM TSO/E REXX Reference Version 2 Release 3
SA32-0972-30
Chapter 10. TSO/E REXX commands
    ►► SUBCOM envname   ►◄
    queries the existence of a specified host command environment. ...
    You can use the SUBCOM command in REXX execs that run in both the TSO/E
address space and non-TSO/E address spaces.

English usage:  While this suggests that I can use the SUBCOM command in REXX
execs
that run in both the TSO/E address space and non-TSO/E address spaces, it
doesn't say
that I can use SUBCOM in execs that run in only one of the two but not the
other.

I'll submit an RCF.

And SUBCOM is itself a command, which means it must be issued to a command
environment.  Do all non TSO/E command environments support SUBCOM?
In a Rexx exec running in an OMVS address space, can I:
    address SH 'SUBCOM MVS'
    address SH 'SUBCOM SH'
???

It's dismaying that RC==-3 is issued both for invalid environment and for
invalid
command within invalid environment.

-- gil