I believe there is a manual that comes with z/OS called Setting up a Sysplex?
This is probably a good place to start - and I am sure there are numerous Share
presentations on this as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Fred Glenlake
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2018 12:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Setting up a new parallel sysplex

I am looking for documentation on how to set up a full parallel sysplex from a
"sham-plex".   We are running all the usual cast of characters, IMS, DB2, CICS,
MQ, etc.   We have a basic sysplex in place to be able to qualify for IBM
sysplex pricing.   The management team has decided we should have a full
parallel sysplex to be able to do z/OS maintenance, etc. without taking an
outage to the client applications.  They would also like to reduce the amount
of time it takes us to bring up our DR systems.   It might mean we are going to
have a physically separate processor in another location/city, that has not yet
been decided yet.

It has been a while since I have worked with setting up a sysplex so I was
hoping someone could direct me to where I might find documentation on setting
up a full parallel sysplex with CICSPLEX, IMSPLEX, DB2PLEX, JESPLEX, etc.   I
have the IBM redbook on Sysplex Considerations (all 500+) pages of it and I am
starting to go through it.   What I don't see and have not found yet is
something that would help me determine what do to first, what can I do ahead of
time to prepare or position for the new full parallel sysplex.  Perhaps if
there is a document or manual or informational APAR that indicates how to get
from basic sysplex to full parallel sysplex.

Many thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom.

Fred G.

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain CSX
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
intended addressee. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above CSX email address.
Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage caused directly or indirectly
by receipt of this email.