>Peter, I don't see what's wrong, but I suggest running it with an IPCS LIST
>command in the EXEC(()) first to assure the rexx is not misrepresenting what's
>at offset 0.

I will try tomorrow to see if it makes a difference. However, as I wrote the
actual code does format the expected values which I retrieve via EVAL and
EVALSYM. EVALSYM is used to retrieve the address behind the "current" address
in symbol X. EVALs start at this address.

But as I write this, I would be rather surprise when code inside the EXEC(( ))
would influence the surrounding RUNCHAIN. The ADDRESS, LINK and CHAIN
parameters are all RUNCHAIN parameters.

An additional LIST would write something to the output which is not wanted.

I wanted but forgot to mention that a similar pair, although CLISTs, does work
as expected. However, there is a CBFORMAT inside the EXEC(( )) CLIST. Maybe
this really makes the difference.

Curious to see what happens when I add a LIST tomorrow.

--
Peter Hunkeler