I've been doing this for so many years that I thought I could not be stumped by
an APF problem. I get a SD22-20, which I had to look up:

D22-20
The program is not authorized to issue the MGCR or MGCRE macro. The program
must be in supervisor state and PSW key 0-7.

Here's the relevant code:

*
         MODESET MODE=SUP              SET TO SUP FOR COMMAND
         SR    R0,R0                   CLEAR R0 FOR MGCR
         MGCR  COMMAND                 ISSUE COMMAND TO HSM
         MODESET MODE=PROB             SET BACK TO PROB
*

The program is APF authorized per StarTool:

CMD  NAME     DATA/MSG ALIASOF  LEN/LKED   --  ATTRIBUTES   - APF MODE  MAIN
     TSAFDEL                    1999/12/30                     AC A24

The load library is in the APF list:

SYSA03 TSAF.LOAD

TSAF.LOAD
--RECFM-LRECL-BLKSIZE-DSORG
  U     **    32760   PO
--VOLUMES--
  SYSA03

Execution JCL:

//TSAFDEL  EXEC PGM=TSAFDEL,REGION=128M,TIME=9
//STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=TSAF.LOAD

I totally don't understand how it could be failing. Do I need 'MODESET
KEY=ZERO' also or instead of 'MODE=SUP'?

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company