On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 03:44:52 +0000 Jesse 1 Robinson <jesse1.robin...@sce.com>
wrote:

:>I've been doing this for so many years that I thought I could not be stumped
by an APF problem. I get a SD22-20, which I had to look up:

:>D22-20
:>The program is not authorized to issue the MGCR or MGCRE macro. The program
must be in supervisor state and PSW key 0-7.

:>Here's the relevant code:

:>*
:>         MODESET MODE=SUP              SET TO SUP FOR COMMAND
:>         SR    R0,R0                   CLEAR R0 FOR MGCR
:>         MGCR  COMMAND                 ISSUE COMMAND TO HSM
:>         MODESET MODE=PROB             SET BACK TO PROB
:>*

:>The program is APF authorized per StarTool:

Or you would have got a S047

:>CMD  NAME     DATA/MSG ALIASOF  LEN/LKED   --  ATTRIBUTES   - APF MODE  MAIN
:>     TSAFDEL                    1999/12/30                     AC A24

:>The load library is in the APF list:

:>...
:>SYSA03 TSAF.LOAD
:>...

:>TSAF.LOAD
:>--RECFM-LRECL-BLKSIZE-DSORG
:>  U     **    32760   PO
:>--VOLUMES--
:>  SYSA03

:>Execution JCL:

:>//TSAFDEL  EXEC PGM=TSAFDEL,REGION=128M,TIME=9
:>//STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=TSAF.LOAD

:>I totally don't understand how it could be failing. Do I need 'MODESET
KEY=ZERO' also or instead of 'MODE=SUP'?

The program must be in supervisor state ---- and --- PSW key 0-7.

http://www.dissensoftware.com