venkat kulkarni wrote:

>We are in the process of migrating physical tape to virtual tape.

Careful, this is not for fainthearted. ;-)

>I am unable to find any process and JCL which can copy all my data residing in
>physical tape cartridge to virtual tape using JCL .

I have a lot of questions:

What datasets? HSM? DFDSS Dump/Copy? GDG? Copies/backups from
IEBGENER/IEBCOPY/Whatever? Specific backups from database sysyem(s)? JES2
Offloads? etc.? etc.?

How large are they? How many of them (tapes and datasets) are there?

What physical tape system(s) and media do you have?

What Virtual Tape System(s) do you have?

What Tape Management system do you have?

Are these datasets stacked on the tapes? In other words, are LABEL > 1 being
used? (One VTS, they're usually on LABEL=(1,SL) for compatibility reasons)

Are these datasets Cataloged? If not, you'll have to [ usually ] catalog them
on VTS and of course, RACF is your big pal.

Are you going to switch off those physical tape system(s)?

I have probably more questions, but ...

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht