From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of R.S.
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2018 5:47 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: Health Check JES_NJE_SECURITY

W dniu 2018-02-28 o 20:38, Jesse 1 Robinson pisze:
> APAR  OA49171 introduces a new health check called JES_NJE_SECURITY . I
> understand the motivation for it but I can't figure out how to satisfy the
> check's requirements. There's plenty of write-up available, but there lots of
> IFs and BUTs. Furthermore, there's reference to the &RACLNDE profile in the
> RACFVARS class. We have class RACFVARS active, but it contains no profiles.
>
> I cannot find an example of how to create/update the &RACLNDE profile. Anyone
> have a clue?

In general you should keep in mind it's ONLY a healthcheck, some general rule
of thumb, but your mileage may vary.
For this case:
1. Do you have NJE?
2. Do you think your NJE configuration is secured properly? Can you check it
with someone responsible for that?

Now details: &RACLNDE may or may not be needed in your setup. Use of &RACLNDE
may or may not be security hole. See RACF Security Guide and Walt's response.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland