I’m sympathetic to a vendor's need for keys. A (long gone) shop I worked in
suffered the grab-and-run of a well-known product from its licensed location to
an unlicensed one. Thanks to a rogue operator who I guess wanted to make his
day to day job a little easier and figured out how to do a copy over NJE. ISV
threw a fit, wanted an extraordinary penalty. Not from the miscreant himself of
course.

We now deal with many ISVs. Most of the big ones plus some dogies as well. We
do frequent DR tests as we own the DR environment. I'm not aware that our keys
in general include the DR machine, but everything works. Warnings are fine; I
personally appreciate the reminder that I'm running a DR system, which
otherwise looks exactly like production.

Our biggest concern is getting renewal keys in time to keep a product from
imploding. That issue is seldom the fault of the ISV. Can you spell bean
counter?

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson