On 3/16/2018 11:57 AM, John McKown wrote:

​Yes, it has some nice facilities. But I cannot _easily_ invoke UNIX
commands from it​, doing "UNIXy" things. And don't get me started on the
TSO OMVS command (which I despise mainly due to the limitations of TSO
3270).

Basically what I would like is to "invert" the "normal" process that I've
seen - that being when when someone uses the TSO OMVS command under ISPF to
do UNIX commands while staying in TSO. What I really want is to invoke ISPF
from a UNIX prompt, replacing the 3270 terminal interface with either a
"curses" (aka termcap) or a X11 terminal interface. Being able to do TSO
commands under UNIX ISPF would also be nice. REXX under UNIX has a nice
facility where it starts up a TSO address space when an ADDRESS TSO is
first used in a REXX program; said TSO address space continues until
explicitly shut down via a LOGOFF command or implicitly when the REXX
program ends.

Go to 3.17, Options, Directory List options, and put a slash in front of execute UNIX commnands from command line. You now have a Unix shell. enter "/" on the command line to get a command entry panel like ISPF option 6 or SDSF. Caveat, you need to use full Unix path for the filenames.

Regards,
Tom Conley