z/OS sites - approx. 50, but majority is small. Only 5 sites above 1000 MIPS.
(I know all of them, worked somehow for significant part of them)

AS/400 aka System i -  I have no idea. I know few installations, but I don't know what is the part of whole picture. People say, in early 2000's the largest AS/400 machine in a world was located in Poland, Katowice (and it was constantly overloaded).

BTW: People asy the total number of mainframe sites across the world is approx. 10 000. Of course it disputable whether there is sense in counting 200 MIPS site and +200k MIPS site simply as two pieces. Not to mention some sites are up to date and some are very very old, obsoleted in terms of HW, SW, application.

Regards
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland