Am 19.03.2018 um 17:57 schrieb R.S.:

Bernd,
I know the installation and know people related to it.
Note: your 4381 was replaced with P/390 and after few years mainframe completely switched off.
For my knowledge they have never used VSE in production.
What they used was ODRA emulator under z/VM.
ODRA is licensed clone of ICL 1900 with GEORGE3 operating system. It was very popular in Poland.

BTW: at the time you also gave to MPK used tramway. (MPK is public transportation company).

completely off topic:

this is a video of the used tramway type "we" gave to MPK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJsHcF14fBs&feature=youtu.be

here in Arad, Romania (we did not only sell used tramways to Lodz,
but also to other countries, including Egypt).

Back to topic: on ODRA machine, there was a report generator language called TABU. I wrote a TABU to COBOL translator in Pascal, which I still have here today. I recently managed to compile this translator with my new Stanford Pascal compiler;
the translator runs on MVS and VM (and Windows, and Linux).
so (in theory) old TABU reports could still be executed on every COBOL system of today :-) even on z/OS. The TABU language was not bad at all, much better than RPG IMO.

Kind regards

Bernd

BTW2: MPK just bought several used tramways, I think it was from Munich. New tramways are cery expensive (approx. 2 milion euro) and used one are ~30 times cheaper. Like a mainframe ;-)