On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 15:23:42 -0400, John Eells <ee...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>In addition to that, you can take a laptop outside your firewall,
>download stuff*, bring the laptop back in, connect to your internal
>network, and upload it to z/OS to be processed.

No, you cannot. Where I work, the laptops don't have a DVD/CD drive and are
essentially just an expensive way of getting to a Citrix client. I cannot even
reach the internet from my company laptop. All I can access is the company's
extranet to set up the VPN tunnel. And heaven help you if your anti-virus
definition isn't current. They update their antivirus catalog and then kick you
out of VPN in the middle of working because 'definitions are not current'. And
no USB or Bluetooth, either!
I am one of the lucky few to still have a desktop computer at work which has a
DVD drive. They made it so that I cannot access that DVD drive anymore, not to
mention no USB allowed.

We're lucky in that we have been able to set up the sysprog sandplex to access
the internet for downloads from ShopZ.

Barbara