Just applied some maintenance to Java.

In OMVS

$ /usr/lpp/java/J8.0_64/bin/java
-version

JVMJ9VM015W Initialization error for library j9gc29(2): Failed to
instantiate compressed references metadata; 200M requested
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual
Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will
exit.
$

At first I thought it was my ASSIZE in OMVS was too small.  It was the
default of 200M.
So I set it to 1G
*setomvs maxassize=1073741824*

When I tried java again I get the same results.
The ASSIZEMAX parameter in my OMVS profile is set to NONE, so I should be
useing the system MAXASSIZE.

Any ideas?

--
The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent
Mainline’s positions or opinions

Mark D Pace
Senior Systems Engineer
Mainline Information Systems