Ah, remember the good old days: 9370 microcode updates-as several boxes of
floppies!

This is indeed a fascinating discussion. Amazing how wildly different
companies' media requirements are.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm reminded of an early
manager who, when I asked whether something IBM wanted us to sign to give us
something we needed should be vetted by our lawyer, said "Don't bother. IBM's
lawyers can beat up our lawyers." This is going to be true of most, but not
all, of the companies involved here. So if one of the big ones puts its foot
down, IBM may have to blink, or at least consider blinking.
--

...phsiii