I might believe 470V/6.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
Steve Smith <sasd...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 9:26 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Software Delivery on Tape to be Discontinued

Now I have to correct you there!  I was a student at A&M in the mid-70s,
and also worked as a student operator at the DPC .  I assure you A&M's
school colors are MAROON & white (burnt orange belongs to that silly little
school in Austin), and Amdahl did trim our new 470/V6 in MAROON.
Few people saw it though, as it was kept in a room by itself, kept at about
60 degrees.  The powers that be were paranoid about it overheating (Amdahls
were air-cooled, as long as they had power for the fans; otherwise they
melted).

sas

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 9:18 AM, John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 5:37 AM, R.S. <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl>
> wrote:
>
> > W dniu 2018-03-29 o 22:57, Phil Smith pisze:
> >
> >> Not suggesting that. But if, say, EvilCorp said "We need tapes, damnit,
> >> and will migrate our 58,000MSUs off of Z unless you continue them", POK
> >> might blink. Or not.
> >>

> > This is subject of discussion like "I would buy ten z14's at full
> capacity
> > , but I demand the chassis has to be yellow". Would IBM agree for yellow?
> > I bet yes, but we also know there won't be such demand. Only serious
> > companies do buy a lot of MIPS and their requirements are also serious.
> >

> ​I remember back in the 1980s that Texas A&M University got some S/370 that
> had "burnt orange" ​panels. That's the school color.
>

> > --
> > Radoslaw Skorupka
> > Lodz, Poland
> >

> --
> I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove
> it.
>
> Maranatha! <><
> John McKown

sas