On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 08:37:20 -0700, Gerhard Adam wrote:

>I don't see the relevance of enclaves or anything else in this.  It is the
>service class period that matters.

That is only one factor. Transaction response time goals are another factor.

>So, if I assigned DB2, enclaves, TSO, and batch to the same service class,

You don't assign an enclave to a service class. WLM defines enclaves based
upon transaction response time goals and the address spaces that are
involved in those transactions.

Those server address spaces are managed to meet the goals of the
transactions that include that address space in their enclave(s). This can
get complicated because many different transactions with different
requirements and involving different address spaces can be in different
enclaves that involve an address space.

WLM does not change the service class of those server address spaces,
but it no longer manages them based on their service class. It wouldn't
make any sense to change the service class of the DB2 region to match
the service class of a CICS transaction whose enclave requires the DP
of the DB2 region to change.

At least, that's the way I understand it.

>they should still all have the same dispatching priority.  Workload Manager
>doesn't care what type of work is in the service class, since only the data
>related to the service class can be examined.

That's not true of server address spaces.

--
Tom Marchant